Migrating to a new system doesn’t have to be a painful and stressful process. Although there may be a little inconvenience or downtime, inevitably the new system will be more efficient, and with more capability than the one you are using currently. This can help your business run more efficiently and gives you potential to grow.
So, what are the benefits of migrating to Microsoft Office 365 for business?
MS Office 365 is designed with business in mind. In fact, it is designed for your business. There isn’t a one-size-fits all package where half the apps remain unused. Instead, the system can be tailored to your business, and even the individual user’s needs. And as your business grows the capabilities of the system can grow too, meaning to a certain extent it is future proof. If for example, your business has less than 300 users the Office 365 Business offering is perfect for you.
Gone are the days where you are tied to your office PC. Instead with MS Office 365, everything is also in the cloud meaning all products (email, Word, PowerPoint etc) are available, wherever there is an internet connection. In the current situation where there is a move towards remote working this could be invaluable, especially if you were worrying about having to “buy computers for my business” to enable people to work from home. With a cloud-based solution this won’t be necessary.
1. Leasing vs. buying. Normally when you upgrade software there is a large, upfront payment to purchase the software and the licenses. This is not the case with MS Office 365. Instead there is a monthly fee per user meaning you are essentially leasing the software, and once a user no longer needs it you are not left with an expensive unused product.
2. Five devices per user. You are not tied to a single machine. Instead each user can be registered on up to five devices including; PC and Mac. Users can also use all of Office Suite for free on their mobile devices like iPads, and smart phones.
3. Advanced Security. A cloud-based system is no less secure than a hardware-storage system. It’s all about the infrastructure and processes that are put in place, and with MS Office 365 there are a number of built-in and optional security features designed to keep your data safe, including Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA), Data Loss Prevention, 2FA, and Message Encryption.
4. Free cloud server. In the background Microsoft run a service called Azure Active Directory (AAD). You can connect your computers to this to benefit from additional security and computer management. Not as good as having a server on-site but much less expensive.
5. If you are a charity. You can get all of the online Office 365 services for free. This is great in times where you need to be even more in control of your data.
More than 80% of Fortune 500 companies have already migrated to MS Office 365, and are seeing the benefits. So, whether you are considering migrating from Exchange to Office 365, or you are looking for a hybrid setup the team here are BongoIT will be able to advise you on the best options as well as guide you through the migration process with as little disruption as possible.
Thank you for reading. Check out our other blog posts to find more helpful tips.
For more information or a free security audit, or a free IT Strategy review please call us on: 01865 988 217